Nook or Kindle??

I can't decide which one to go with. I have messed with the Kindle a little and I LOVE it but I haven't been able to look at a Nook. I love to read and my husband just bought a Nook but he is deployed so I can't see it. I know the Kindle has a better screen for reading but does it have games too? It has 4 gb of memory. You also can't change the battery by yourself, you have to send the Kindle back to Amazon and they send you a refurbished one. That is a BiG downer for me. I hate refurbished anything! The Nook you can play games, has only 2gb of memory but u can use a memory card for more book storage, and can replace the battery by yourself with keeping the same Nook.

1stTimeMommy101

Asked by 1stTimeMommy101 at 8:07 AM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Entertainment

• I love my Kindle and I don't miss out on the games since that's not why I bought it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:08 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• old school book.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:21 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I love my Kindle - the screen alone did it for me. I have the wifi and 3G; I can get a new book from anywhere in the world. I do have games; 2 word ones.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:56 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• How is the internet usage on the Kindle?? I am leaning toward the Kindle, I too really like the screen!
    1stTimeMommy101

Comment by 1stTimeMommy101 (original poster) at 10:00 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• i only have a kindle with no experience of a nook
    san78

Answer by san78 at 12:15 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I read on my Nook. That's all I do, so I can't really speak to playing games or internet access.

But for reading, I buy from BN, from indie publishers, and I check out books from the library. With the Kindle, if you don't purchase from Amazon, you have to buy the book in one format, then go through Calibre to reformat it before you can import it to your device. I buy .epub and download through Adobe. And you can't check out library e-books at all with a Kindle. I use my library all the time.

If you want a multi-purpose device, you can read, play games and surf on your smartphone, an iPad, or a netbook. Their screens are horrible for reading, but they might fit your needs better.
    SelaCarsen

Answer by SelaCarsen at 12:47 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Thank you all for your comments!! =) I really appreciate your thoughts!!
    1stTimeMommy101

Comment by 1stTimeMommy101 (original poster) at 12:59 PM on Feb. 13, 2011