My daughter is going to start solids and I was wondering what brands/products moms preferred for utensils and bowls/plates, etc. I heard good things about Munchkin and Nuk...any suggestions? Thank you!

hg216

Asked by hg216 at 8:43 AM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• the kind she wont pick up and throw across the room , lol have fun !
    nanafor5

Answer by nanafor5 at 8:52 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• All you need to start is a baby spoons and any small plastic bowls. The First Years brand makes baby spoons that are soft on the spoon part & change color if the food (oatmeal) is too hot, they come in a pack of yellow, blue & red. I bought them first.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:10 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Lol, nanafor5 your answer is so true!! I use to use Nuk, infact I still use some of them; when one of us are having just a little snack I'll use them! The Nuk brand, I thought was more durable also; some of the other brands would break really easy. Have fun, oh I would also suggest stocking up on paper towels & wipes!!
    Hope4Teal

Answer by Hope4Teal at 9:16 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• lol
    san78

Answer by san78 at 11:53 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I just use small glass bowls that I had anyway. Still a little nervous about microwaving pastic bowls, even though I'm sure they make them free of BPA or whatever that bad stuff is. I use these playtex spoons that have more of a squared edge vs. a rounded edge which make wiping excess food from around the mouth easier.
    jacksmom1225

Answer by jacksmom1225 at 12:40 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I would recomend just whatever is cheep and dishwasher safe. Although, I would like to throw out the suggestion that pureed baby food and rice cereal is unnecessary and you could wait till your baby is ready to eat solids. Like when he can pick bite sized pieces of food up and chew it in his mouth. That is what we did. Never understood the pureed baby food. We are the only mammals that insist on shoving food down our babies throats before they are ready to actually eat it.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 2:54 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• i ADORE Munchkin, they're all top rack dishwasher safe and i love that all of the colors go together... try the suction cupped bowls and the little cups that have like a star-shaped top for snacks. they work awesome! I also love that their single sold sippy cups are so cheap and they're the only kind my son will drink out of. Good luck!
    lashes325

Answer by lashes325 at 5:44 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I like the Munchkin plates and straw cups. Babies R Us has silicone bowls by Amy Coe (or at least they did a year ago). I like those bowls a lot. If you plan on making your own food, I recommend a silicone mini muffin tin from Bed Bath and Beyond. It's $10 versus the $25 for basically the same thing at Babies R Us. If you go out to eat a lot, I highly recommend this thing
    http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2373449
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:39 PM on Feb. 13, 2011