Anyone had any personal experiance with cyst on your babies brain in ultrasound?

I have asked this question once and only got one response so i thought i would ask again. i am getting it re-evaluated on tuesday but he said if it didn't go way by then we would disciss what happpens next. three weeks ago he said it looked like it may be getting smaller and most people i have talked to about said they have heard sinilar stories that all turned out fine, the internet says some scary things about this though

Ethans_Ma

Asked by Ethans_Ma at 9:28 AM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My daughter was not diagnosed in utero but my neighbors' daughter was diagnosed with cysts on the brain in utero and nothing ever came of it; she just started her freshman year at Harvard. My own DD is a perfectly, well-adjusted 5th grader who is a straight-A student and has suffered no ill effects.

When my own DD was born and it was determined that she had these cysts on her brain, the truth is that no one really knew what her outcome would be. We read everything on the internet and it was very scary; we were also told directly by her doctors of the numerous things that MIGHT happen (she might be deaf, blind, unable to ever learn to walk, talk, feed, learn, etc.). The truth is that they wanted to prepare us for the worst while hoping for the best. I would suggest continuing with your own research so you can effectively communicate with your doctors and try to take it all day by day. (((HUGS)))
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 1:57 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I had an ultrasound where they said there was a csyst on her bladder. I was worried for ten weeks. The day after I had her they did an ultrasound on her it had disappeared. The doc said this happens normally(disappearing). Hopeful you will have the same outcome. Hope this help. GL and congrats on your baby!
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 9:35 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Yes. My daughter was born 3 months premature and cysts were found on her brain; she was diagnosed w/PVL (periventricular leukomalacia) which is sometimes a precursor to cerebral palsy. CP did not manifest in her case. The young brain is quite dynamic and can often compensate. Is there something I can specifically try to answer for you?
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 10:03 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• well, everyone just keeps telling me " i know it will go away" but i was wondering what happens when it doesn't go away. the internet will tell you basically no chance of survival if it is linked to this one disease, and that it is linked with down syndrome.....i was just wondering if anyone had that severe, or less severe results. thanks for responding!
    Ethans_Ma

Comment by Ethans_Ma (original poster) at 11:03 AM on Feb. 13, 2011