Medicine to dry up runny nose

My little boy (3), has allergies and a head cold. I have given him Otc allergy medicine the doctor recommended in the past that is okay for his age. However, this meds just makes it drain. Is there anything out there to help dry his little nose up. Its driving him nuts. Thanks!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• The only thing thats ever worked on my dd is childrens motrin cold. It has something in it to dry you up. You have to get it usually at a pharmacy though and sign for it because it has one of those monitors ingrediants in it. Its all I use though for my dd.

Answer by gemgem at 9:51 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Clairatin in the am

half dose dimetap at bedtime
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:59 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Thank you ladies!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:12 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• aww poor lil guy, hope he feels better soon x

san78

Answer by san78 at 12:01 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Thank you all for ur advice. Its so nice to get other mommy's advice. Yes he is feeling a lot better. Dimetap has dried it up nicely. I am also using a humidifier at night. It made all the difference. He was back to his way to curious self today, with a touch of a stuffy nose. Much better! LOL My little girl is sick now though. I will be so happy when summer is here. OMG this has been a bad winter for colds.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:14 PM on Feb. 14, 2011