What does my 2 year old need for his birthday?

My son will be turning 2 on Friday and I have alot of people asking me what he needs. I don't want to tell everyone to just get him toys because he already has a crap load of those! So I need some ideas of other things I can tell people to get him. Like more educational.

DavidsMom0218

Asked by DavidsMom0218 at 9:58 AM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If he has a leapster, have them get him the accessories that he can grow into in the next year.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:01 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I always ask for a mix of things. Clothes, shoes, books, a Vsmile might be good for him you can buy that and ask people to buy him the games to go with them.

Answer by gemgem at 10:04 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• stop and realy think about what he could use in the next year , does have a bike?, maybe some learning games (vtech,leapster,tag pen) , what a bout clothes for the spring and summer? just ask for one size bigger than is wearing so the will fit in a couple months...is there a fun play place he likes to visit (bowling, rollerskating, swimming) ask for gift card for that place he enjoys......oh and happy bday to your little guy
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:32 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• When my ds turned 2 last year, we asked his gma for a zoo pass. It was so nice being able to go to the zoo quiet a few times, and even got discounts on other zoos we went to.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 10:52 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• how abt money so u can put it together and either keep it or buy something he really needs
    san78

Answer by san78 at 11:56 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Puzzles!! ask them for a craft project, or coloring books, or paints, or reading books.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 3:11 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• puzzles, crafts, books, clothes, socks, gift cards like 5 dollars or something like that for mcdonalds or wendys. My girls loved gift cards. cookie cutters and fancy sprinkes since kids love cookies and can even use to make shaped pancakes, a new lunch box for school, bubbles or summer things like buckets, sunglasses, a movie,
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 3:23 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I know this is gonna sound weird, but I would ask if they have any boxes they are not using and I bet that would be the best gifts ever!
    kalynskorner

Answer by kalynskorner at 2:25 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• When my kids were that age some of their favorite things were videos, they didn't have DVD's back then, and CD's of kids songs. I loved having it in the car. I would play certain cd's and they would just fall asleep. Some of my kids favorites were anything from Tom Chapin, Peter, Paul and Mommy, too, and some Disney music from the movies, not Radio Disney music.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 7:38 AM on Feb. 14, 2011