Teenage girls taking teenage boys to their bedrooms

They are only going to study, listen to music, play games, talk, etc.
It use to be just not allowed. Now you see it happening on tv, movies all the time.
I think that this is just asking for things to develop.
What do you think?

tootoobusy

Asked by tootoobusy at 10:09 AM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• I was not allowed to have boys in my room. My mom said there isn't anything in my room that can't be done in the family area of the house (kitchen, dinning, living, or famliy room) where they can supervise. And if it can't be, then it shouldn't be done!

My son is too young now, but when he's older, the same thing will be said to him! I see no reason to have girls in his room. Sure, he has game systems in there, those can be easliy unhooked and hooked up in the family room too.

I know teens are going to try to be sexual, but i'm not going to make it easy! I will welcome him having girls over, but he will be taught that having girls in his room is not only disrespectful to our house rules, but to the girls too. i would be mad as a parent if a girl was allowed to have my son in her room or a private area like the basement while he was over at her house.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 12:10 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• getawaygirl..the basement? are you serious? i lost my virginity in my bfs basement .. on the couch. yep, we couldve heard his mother walking down the stairs. all teenagers have to do is keep their clothes on and pull whats needed out. i really think some of you are very naive
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:31 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I would not allow my DD to bring a boy to her room if it was just her and the boy. Growing up I was not allowed to be in my room with just a boy so I would not let my daughter this. There are plenty of places in our house that they can hang out. If there is a group of kids I might let them although my kids don't have a lot of stuff in their rooms. They don't have a TV or anything like that.

Just me!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 10:51 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• well, i was a teen and one boy came to my room , i had to keep door open stay off the bed and sit on the floor. but i got uncomfortable being in my room myself so we went outside to sit. but i do not think it is a good idea for them to be going in it can lead to all kinds of problems. and the rumour mills to
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 10:12 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I could never have boys in my room- at the time it seemed unfair, but now I agree!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:12 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• My daughter and her boy friend hang out in her room, and the door stays open and the light on. They watch TV, play video games and just hang out - he's here more than he's at home. They know the rules and they follow them, but they are both respectful kids.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:25 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Oh hell no!
    Hope4Teal

Answer by Hope4Teal at 10:40 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• In my house - it isn't allowed!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:47 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I'm right there with you! I was not allowed to do it when I was growing up & my children, both sons & daus are not allowed to have members of the opposite sex in their rooms either! That's just asking to be G-MA! No Way! I'm not about to make it easy for them!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:12 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Oh,NO, it's just asking for trouble. My 12yr. old grson had sex last summer and we were all shocked. My DD just, about flipped out.
    pswiley

Answer by pswiley at 10:14 AM on Feb. 13, 2011