When should a baby do this?

Our daughter just turned 5 months old on February 9th. She still will not put weight on her legs when we try to hold her up. She just pulls them up to her belly. Is this something to be concerned about? I'm not sure when to expect her to do this.

BWIND

Asked by BWIND at 10:40 AM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son did this up until he was ready to walk and he started walking around 10 1/2 months. Every child is different, but there is no need to worry right now.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 10:43 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I believe they should stand with assistnce between 7-9 months. Both of mine, stood with assistance at about 5-6 months. If you are worried, talk to your doctor. Do you use anything like a jumperoo or Johnny jumper?
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 10:47 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Every kid is different with this. I had one who was walking at 9 months and another that walked at 15. I liked it better with the late walker as she had more judgement about what was off limits. It also gave me more time to baby proof.
    JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 11:14 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• evryons different if u r concerned spk with ur doc
    san78

Answer by san78 at 11:52 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Never ignor you gut feeling. If you are concerned about your child not putting weight on her legs then talk to your doctor about it. The sooner you have answers the better off you and your dd will be. You have to be an advocate for you and your childrens health. I am speeking from experience (not this specificly but I have had my fair share)

Good luck!
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 12:08 PM on Feb. 13, 2011