Someone please comment on this... im nervous

ok, this doesnt seem like a big deal to other people but it is to me... my boyfriends family is having a big party at a hall... he wants me to go and i am... my problem is he wants me to dance!!! oh god.. i've been with this man for 7 years and have never danced with him... im scared.. and on top of it my first time dancing with him will be in front of his whole family and more... like 200 or 300 people.. he doesnt know im nervous.. when he said i gotta dance with him i said okay like it wasnt a big deal... and usually for some reason everytime i get around his family or alot of them at one time i get nervous...i get shy..so for me to DANCE in front of them is alot.. because its hard enough to hold a conversation on my own.... oh man.. hopefully they dont play any songs he likes... but yea right.. i guess i gotta face my fear.....but im not a bad dancer {i dont think} i do dance when i go out with my friends at clubs

jenny2150

Asked by jenny2150 at 10:59 AM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• Just be yourself and don't worry about anything else, it is normal for you to be scrutinize by his family, just show them who you are and the rest will be ok.

Answer by older at 11:02 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• just imagine you are at the club with your friends...wow 7 years and his family make you nervous, why do you think that is? maybe have a drink to loosen yourself up
    suhweetness

Answer by suhweetness at 11:02 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Start by dancing with your man in your house. Tell your man that you are nervous and maybe it will be easier. Don't worry so much about what other people are thinking and have fun!!!! You have been with him for 7 years, there is nothing to be nervous or shy about. You should be used to the family by now. Go and have fun and don't worry about anything else.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:02 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Tell him your concerns and take him out dancing. Maybe make a date as a Valentine's gift. Practise and you will get more comfortable.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:02 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Try to look at it this way you will be dancing with his family and not in front of them. No one will not be judging you. Dancing is a way to celebrate. You need to dance with your boyfriend, it will feel so good..... 'dance as if no one is watching'...
    bekej

Answer by bekej at 11:05 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• ask him to practice...and i don't think i would dance like you would at a club with the girls. no bumpin and grinding or booty shakin
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:07 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Ask some friends to help you..or practice with your guy. Good luck!
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 11:14 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• i think you just need to have drink to loosen you up , then focus on NO ONE but your BF while dancing (start with a slow one)
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 11:32 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• So go with the flow dance with your man and enjoy it. Have a drink or two to loosen up and enjoy the moment...im sure everyone will not be watching you two.
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 7:29 PM on Feb. 13, 2011