Would you suggests some meatless meals?

My daughter has given up meat, I want to support her but I don't know how. How do I cook for her without meat and the rest of my family who still eats meat(chicken and fish)?

bekej

Asked by bekej at 11:23 AM on Feb. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• Does she eat eggs? Cheese?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:24 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Go on line and google tofu meals, there are some good ones out there, and also Morning Star has really good soy based products, look for them in your grocers freezer.

Answer by older at 11:26 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Yes she does.
    bekej

Comment by bekej (original poster) at 11:26 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• you can make baked ziti meatless. just use tomato sauce or pasta sauce and only include the noodles and cheese mixture.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:28 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• My sister is a vegetarian too, my mom does a lot of pasta, it's easy to set aside some sauce with no meat in it. My mom cooks pizza and leaves a few slices with just cheese. Egg plant pram is a really good meal that everyone can enjoy without meat in it. Cheesy potato soup, just leave the bacon out and let the others put it in their own bowls...
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:28 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Cook her things like broccoli. Also Boca burgers r really good! They come in a box in the grocers freezer.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:29 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Stiry fry veggies and rice. You can make chicken on the side and have the rest of the family have stiry fry chicken. Mushroom Ravioli. Garden Pizza. Grilled cheese. Salad. Steamed zucchini & portabella mushrooms served on toast with mayo like a sandwich (very yummy). Steamed Broccoli, with cheese if she eats cheese. Mashed potatoes. Hashbrown casserole. There are alot of foods out there you can make. I was a vegetarian for many years as were my children.

Answer by gemgem at 11:29 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Spaghetti made with spaghetti squash and a meatless sauce. I actually prefer to add meat to it, but it's good either way.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 11:34 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• stir fry. (I like putting mine over rice noodles). Any pasta dish, and you could use tofu as a replacement for meat. Go to allrecipes.com and type in vegetarian in the search. a whole bunch of things came up!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 11:37 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Stuffed shells - just don't put meat in the sauce

Homemade Mac and Cheese

various soups with beans instead of meat and vegetable broth
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Feb. 13, 2011