What are the chances of having a healthy pregnancy after a tubal?

Of the women that get pregnant after a tubal ligation, how many of them actually have a healthy pregnancy. I know the chances of ectopic pregnancy are higher after a tubal.

lowencope

Asked by lowencope at 11:40 AM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• As long as it makes it to where it "SHOULD" be... can't see why there would be any issues...

~*Hugs*~... hoping you have a happy, healthy, INTELLIGENT lil one!!! And de-stress... you both deserve that much
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:27 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• thanks, but i don't have a positive pregnancy test yet....i had a bloood test done and i'm waiting for the results. I am in a higher failure rate group since im in my twenties and i had it done during c-section. The type of tubal i had has a 2% failure rate. i have read that when you have all the symptoms of pregnancy with a negative test, it can be ectopic which is common after a failed tubal. I'm worried...
    lowencope

Comment by lowencope (original poster) at 12:34 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Yeah, I'd be really afraid of the ectopic pregnancy. I don't know what to tell ya. I have plans for getting a tubal ligation in May when I deliver my 3rd baby via c-section. I even told my husband to get a vasectomy too so that way we will be doubly-protected.

Good luck to you! Hope it works out the way you want it.
    Katie80620

Answer by Katie80620 at 1:45 AM on Feb. 15, 2011