Why must I drink???

My SIL is getting married, and has been talking about her bachelorette party. She's having a limo take everyone to Wrigleyville so we can all drink. Well I live an hour from her. I will be DRIVING my car to her house to GET the limo, and driving my self back home after. I also am not big on drinking anyway. I'll probably have one, and then just soda.

She's all "oh you have to drink, it's my party." "Just crash at my place."

1. I don't want to crash at your place. I have small children I like to wake up with in the morning anyway.
2. I don't drink like that, and don't need too. YOU know this for you've known me for 11 YEARS.
3. I honestly have ZERO interest in hanging with you and your friends anyway, but am only going for I am a bridesmaid and your SIL, so I'll suck it up for one night.

I am just soo annoyed at the "Oh you gotta drink too" BS. Do you have people like this in your life???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Entertainment

• Honestly, just get one drink, and babysit it all night. And just add water to your cup, and say it's vodka. If she plans to be drinking THAT much, i doubt she is going to notice how much you are drinking. And if she tries to pressure you ,just say "i plan to drive home tonight, so this is all i am having".
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 12:02 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I wouldn't compromise my own values -- I think you should go (for a little while) -- And Don't have ANYTHING to drink if you don't want to. If they keep pressuring you to drink -- just leave. That's not fair of anyone to try and pressure another into drinking.
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 12:28 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• She's going to be partying so much she won't notice if you drink or not. Have one drink and nurse it all night.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:01 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I know what you mean, my whole family loves to drink, watch football (or nascar), and hang out, and they are always bugging me about having a beer/drink. I don't understand why they can't grasp the fact that I DON'T like to drink. I just don't think I have to get drunk to have fun, and I would like to remember what I did/didn't do the night before.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 12:23 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• your life, your body, your choice.. ignore her
    Chandrani

Answer by Chandrani at 12:39 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Yes, and it is so annoying. My daughter was a bridesmaid in her best friends wedding and went to a bachelorette party out of obligation and was pressured to drink the whole time she was there, and then her friend got mad because she excused herself and left early rather than cave....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:43 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Don/t dring. If she insists, she is not a good friend or relative. You have your family and self to take care of. You do not need to drink to appease her.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:43 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I wouldn't go.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:45 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Yes, a lot of people I know don't understand why I do not like to drink and get pushy!

Answer by older at 11:50 AM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I use to buy one drink a coke and just tell them it's rum and coke.

I do not drink much and it is hard on others when you don't drink, why?
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:53 AM on Feb. 13, 2011