Who here was a "Mean Girl" in middle or high school?

If so, Why? And have you changed now that you are an adult? Do you have any regrets about how you treated others? If you have a teenage daughter how would feel about them being a "Mean Girl"?

amydh

Asked by amydh at 7:23 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Sadly, yes, I was. I come a smallish town, and my Daddy was a pillar of the community. He served in the State Senate for years. God, what a snob I was. I thought if you didn't wear certain clothes, or drive a certain type of car you were somehow beneath me. I treated some of the other girls like total crap, I was not just mean, I was cruel. When I moved away, I learned very fast that I was not as important as I thought I was. It was a hard lesson to learn. The day I had my daughter I promised her and myself that I would raise a humble yet proud, kind, strong woman. Not a spoiled brat like I was. I went back to my HS reunion a few years ago, and some of those same girls and I talked for a looong time. I apologized and now, some of us are really good friends. I will never forget the way I behaved though.
    SLCMOMMY

Answer by SLCMOMMY at 11:43 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Oh man I was, I thought I was better than everyone else and bullied the other girls I didn't like. I look back and I think to myself what the hell was I thinking I am in no way better than anyone else here on earth, I truly felt bad for the way I treated people, but as to show that I have changed on my myspace I went and found some of those people and befriended them and apologized for being such a bitch. I seriously deserved to have my ass kicked I am truly ashamed of the way I used to be
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 7:28 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• yes i was that..i wasnt trying to tho and i still am..i dont even know when im doing it.i try now to overcome it but i really dont have patience for people
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 7:28 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• btw I now have a little girl on the way and I will do whatever I can to make sure she and my son are not like I was
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 7:30 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I was one of the ones that the 'mean girls' made fun of.

Evil bitches.

(not you guys, i mean the girls i went to school with :D)
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:36 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• No, but i never looked at them as being "cool". i thought they were rather stupid/immature.
    youngmm

Answer by youngmm at 8:08 PM on Nov. 17, 2008