My quwstion is bout my daughters carseat.....more info

my daughthers father used my car and her carseat was in it and he got into an car accident and i know atfer a car accident your supose to not use the carseat but my question is
can you use a carseat after a car accident if the child wasnt in the carseat????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Feb. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• Toss the car seat. Just because it looks okay doesn't mean that something unseen is wrong with it. You don't want to take the chance..its just not worth the risk to use a carseat after its been in an accident.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:41 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Regardless of whether or not she was in the seat, you should no longer use it.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:09 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• If the carseat was not broken I would say it is okay. Let's say the carseat was hit though or broken in the accident I would not use it. Let's say your spouse was rear ended with a light tap then it would be okay. I was in an accident but hit the front end of my car and both carseats were in my car. I am still using them the police said nothing about I cannot use them now. My car was drivable after the accident though and the car was hit in the front corner no where else. Hope that helps.
    hnharper

Answer by hnharper at 12:03 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• well the car is messed up on the front of the car and its not driveable but its not messed up but when my niece was in her car seat and the car got rear ended the carseat wasnt messed up the the cops said cut the straps and throw it away because it was in an accidents and stuff like that so im ify about using her carseat even know she wasnt in the accident
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:11 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• thats what i thought krysta622
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:17 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• No... You shouldn't use it any more since it was in an accident.
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 12:35 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• No you are not supposed to use it once it has been in an accident. It does not matter if there was a child in there or not.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:35 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I would get a new car seat. Better safe than sorry, if you ask me.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:00 PM on Feb. 13, 2011