Healthy Indiana Plan and medicaid

My kids get medicaid but our caseworker i heard was supposed to help hubby and i apply for HIP but did not. Now my question is will the girls lose their medicaid if we get hip for hubby and i, i also heard there is a fee of 2-5 percent of income. Hubby does not bring home a lot due to child support being taken. is it before or after tax and child support. we are trying to get on our feet so we can move into our own place but as it is going now it looks like we may not get to. my daughter s medicine would cost almost half of hubby pay. So this is why i am asking. i do not want to put anther burden on the family. but with being sick i know i need some insurance. i just do not want to hurt my kids.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Health

• I don't know anything about Indiana's plan, but I will bump this for you :)

In my state that kind of fee is tax exempt, and also I think in most states the care for your child would continue even if you also received aid. I don't really know though. The social worker should be able to tell you.
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 2:58 PM on Feb. 13, 2011