Advice for traveling to Aruba with my baby?

My family is going on vacation to Aruba in June and our baby will be 15 months old by then. Both my husband and I had stomach problems the last time we went presumably from something we ate or drank there. If you've ever travelled to Mexico or the Carribean with your baby who was eating solids, how did you deal with this? Am I supposed to bring a whole suitcase of baby food and powered milk?!

jacksmom1225

Asked by jacksmom1225 at 12:44 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would definitely bring food for the baby and a couple of containers of powdered milk but I would be careful about what to bring since they don't want u bringing anything from ny to caribbean anyways
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 6:07 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Make sure your baby is up-to-date on their shots. So if u do not want to bring alot of baby food with ya, there could be other options when u get there considering where u r going is a frequent tourist attraction, but its always better to be safe thren sorry. So if u need water, boil it if u don't trust it, make sure u boil it at least for a minute then let it cool down. do not use ice. Or a better solution wouold be to ask someone where they sell bottled water and of course make sure it hasn't been tampered with. Or for u and your dh don't get sick again there nuts and other shelled foods are usually a good choice. Theres a thing my grandma always told me ""Cook it, wash it, peel it or forget it." and thats the best thing u can do in order not to get sick again if u can help it! And use that as a guide to feeding your little one. BTW.......I sooooo envy U!!!!
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:05 AM on Feb. 14, 2011