How long

How long does it take for a child to be placed with you after you have been approved as a foster parent?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Adoption

• This probably doesn't help because adoption is a little different, but there was a 2 month gap between when I was born and when my parents picked me up... I went straight into foster care from the hospital, but I don't know how long it was before my foster parents knew I was coming
    LiveBreatheSing

Answer by LiveBreatheSing at 1:11 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• i think it just depends on what you are open to.
    we got our 1st call just 2 weeks after our licencing was complete....and then, they never stopped calling!
    liteofmine71

Answer by liteofmine71 at 2:57 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• It also depends on your area, as to how many children are placed into foster care, and definitely differs by what age group you are open to especially when so many want the little ones... Good luck!!!
    TiffyTaffy79

Answer by TiffyTaffy79 at 2:18 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• It's a waiting game. good luck.

HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 4:23 PM on Mar. 2, 2011