My 4 year old wont sleep

my son is 4 years old, he does not want to sleep at night, i have him in bed by 8pm but for some reason he loves to lay in his bed awake and not go to sleep till midnight or later which is stress on me because i go to his room many times to be like go to sleep, close your eyes. no one is up at this time, espechally me and my husband we are early risers waking up a 6am to get up for work.

kris8525

Asked by kris8525 at 1:13 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Maybe you need to tire him out during the day - run him all over the place, take a walk, the park, anything to keep him moving so that by 8 he's ready to sleep.
    Anonymous

• Is his room dark and quiet? If so let him be. If he constantly has you running in there telling him to close his eyes. That is very disruptive.
    Anonymous