My son thats 4 wont eat

ever since my step son has been on this i dont want to eat what you make deal my son has started it up too, with im not hungry i dont like that, i dont want to eat you eat it i dont know what to do no more, its to the point that my step son wants just junk food like mc dondalds happy meals and candy and cookies, when ever he stays at our house, im not going to feed him that crap like his mother does, and i fear my son is going to try the same thing and only want junk food dpo any of you ladies have any ideas ? please help

kris8525

Asked by kris8525 at 1:17 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Kids' Health

• They can only have what you provide. Make them take several bites of each food and if they don't like it, oh well. If they're hungry then they'll eat it. If you compensate with snacks then they'll have reason not to eat their lunch or dinners if they know they can wait till snack.
    Anonymous

• Maybe it will be helpful if you try to have a short 'kiddie' pep talk with your sons from time to time, regarding the importance of eating the right food. Sometimes visual aids can help. I'm not sure how old they are, but perhaps you can show them a poster of the human anatomy (a colorful one), and then tell them how the human organs can malfunction if all they eat is junkfood.
    You can also make the vegetables look attractive to your kids by cutting them in attractive shapes for example, or breading them so they become more palatable to kids.
    visa31927

Answer by visa31927 at 1:33 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Make what you normally make, put it at the table, and let them know that they eat that, or nothing at all. Stick to your guns and your son and step son will understand taht they eat what you make, or get to be hungry. Yes they will whine, and for several meals they will protest, and it may take a month or so before they stop trying to get their way. But stick to your guns and they will comply.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 2:27 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• If it were me, I would fix a nice meal, and if they didn't eat it oh well, they will eat when they are hungry.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 11:41 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• my 4 year old is the same way one day he eats like a horse and the next day he won't eat anything. I talked to my pediatrician and he said not to worry about as long as he is still drinking something on the days that he doesn't eat anything or hardly anything then he isn't too concerned unless he starts losing weight then the doctor said to be concerned
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:09 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Try Juice Plus gummies. 17 different fruits and veggies in yummy gummy. At least you'll know he's getting something nutritional in him every day. I haven't met anyone who doesn't like them.
    www.welovejuiceplus.com
    Ask me how he can try them for free.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 4:44 PM on Feb. 17, 2011

• I agree with daughter of truth,who's the parent here anyway??Back in the day if i refused to eat,i would be sent to my room that had no tv,no radio,only a bed.And if i was hungry later,well i missed out.Keep to your guns dear.You let children rule ,you loose.Don't worry.Just make sure they cannot find anything else to eat but what you serve period.Thats the trouble now a days,kids think they can run parents!!!
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 4:54 PM on Feb. 17, 2011