Best bottle for BF babies

So fay I heard TommyTippee, Nuk and Avent.

Baby4us09

Asked by Baby4us09 at 1:25 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The best bottle is the one your child likes best. I nursed both of my kids until they EACH weaned themselves at 9 months old. We used the Playtex bottle with the bent neck, I think it's Playtex. Those helped keep the gas to a minimum and either child seemed to have a problem with the nipples. They are now 7 and 4 and healthy, (over)active kids.

OUR problems were with the pacifier brand. Each child wanted a different kind.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:33 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Thats good to know thank you. Never heard of that. The silicon or latex nipple?
    Baby4us09

Comment by Baby4us09 (original poster) at 1:29 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Mine would only take the playex nursers with the liners and silicone nipples.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 1:35 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• ~*Nuk*~... it is shaped like the breast, and what I used on my 2 smaller kids since I couldn't BF them!!! I loved it
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 2:19 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• The best bottle is the one your child will take. Wait until nursing is well established and then start trying. Some don't care, some are picky.

LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 2:35 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• the Nuk nipples encourage baby to thrust the tongue forward and is rarely a good nipple for a breastfed baby, independent research by lactation consultants rates that one as the worst. One that comes out on top every time is the playtex drop in Natural latch nipple. I don't think it really matters if it is silicone or latex, is is the "right" size and shape.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 4:56 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• The lactation consultant in the hospital where I gave birth recommended Avent. I tried both those and Dr Browns with my 4th, I had tried used the Playtex ones with #1-3 (only my 3rd would ever take it), the Avent was my favorite and what I used for supplemental bottles with my 4th and now with my 5th.

Answer by missanc at 4:57 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• We had the most success with Adiri Natural Nursers. My son had a sucking/swallowing issue when he was born and I desperately wanted to breastfeed, as I had with my others. Adiri Natural Nursers were the only ones he would transition back to the breast with.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 5:15 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Never heard of Adiri Natural Nursers. Have to look into that.
    Baby4us09

Comment by Baby4us09 (original poster) at 5:35 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• The only one my nursing baby would take was the Playtex Nurser with the liners.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 6:14 PM on Feb. 13, 2011