Do you take you dog to day care?

Ho do you like it?
pros/cons?

Baby4us09

Asked by Baby4us09 at 1:27 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Pets

• I used to work at one so I am all for them. My dogs went to work with me everyday. The one I worked at as a teen I had am older golden at the time and she did not play with the other dogs but she loved to hang out and she was an excellant teacher for the younger dogs. There are of course cons. Not all all dogs get along (they are like people and won't like everyone they meet) and sometimes fights can happen but if it is a good daycare they will get to know the dogs and will know which dogs play well together and which ones need to be in differant groups. When you have a group of dogs together you also risk them coming in comtact with dogs that give them things like kennal cough or whatever. I personally think that the socialization they get is a huge positive.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 6:09 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I don't but I would LOVE to operate a doggie day care. I would LOVE being with other dogs all day!!!
    bookmommy

Answer by bookmommy at 2:26 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I have one close by and would also like to open one up. But they are popping up all over the place. Annoying cause there is no room for me, lol
    Baby4us09

Comment by Baby4us09 (original poster) at 2:32 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Thank you. I think I did find a good one.
    Baby4us09

Comment by Baby4us09 (original poster) at 6:20 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• We don't have any close to us, so no.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 9:51 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I don't, but I've had friends who take their dog and they LOVE it! Their dog was a rescue (1-2 years old), really energetic, but very shy/nervous. He really blossomed at doggie day care. I think getting all the excess energy out playing with other dogs helped a lot.

I think it really depends on the daycare, though, if you get your money's worth.
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 11:20 PM on Feb. 15, 2011