Do any one of you with dogs, or pets...

ever cook for them instead of buying can dog or cat food. Would you buy home made pet food is the service was available?

Asked by older at 1:30 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Just for Fun

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • I have, I don't do it often but if we happen to have meat that is expiring and we realize we wont be cooking it and its to late to freeze I cook it up for my dog. I cook rice, green beans and add some chicken broth to it with what ever meat I have. He LOVES it. I also did this for him when he was a puppy. I got him from a shady rescue and he was very sick, almost died on me and was very under weight. The vet suggested I cook the mixture for him and mix it with his puppy food.
    Would I buy it pre-made? No, it's always over priced there are small businesses that I have seen who offer it and they charge an arm and a leg for something that I can do for under 10 and make more of it at once.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 1:36 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• My cat won't eat anything but catfood. I have tried to feed him different things and he refuses them all. Except cantaloupe. He will each a dozen of those a day...LMAO.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:36 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I wouldnt but it. I do make my dogs homemade dog food mostly because I have one dog who has alot of allergies. Since I know it is not feasable to just cook for her, I make enough for both dogs.

Answer by gemgem at 1:36 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• He won't even eat canned catfood. He is a weird little beastie.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:37 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I don't cook for my cats, and depending on the cost I'd consider home made.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:37 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Sleeping, cantaloupe??? how weird!!! reason I am asking is that daughters partner is making home cooked food for a 2 month old puppy, I wondered if there is a market out there for this.

Comment by older (original poster) at 1:38 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I have done that from time t time. I have made my own dog treats and dog food. I ended up doing dry kibble and on occasion make dog treats.
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 1:39 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I have a Bull terrier who is having so many problems with skin. I have spent so much money And changed food to all natural
    nothing seems to work .I'm tired of all the med s don't do a dang thing either. Anyone know have any ideas?
    Granny995

Answer by Granny995 at 2:01 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Granny, my daughter has a mixed breed dog with the same problem, the only thing that seems to help is grooming her and keeping her fur very short.

Comment by older (original poster) at 2:09 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• ~*Yes*~... considering the issue where China sent American tainted pet food, and human food... "MADE IN AMERICA" is what I look for on labels now!!! Others can risk retardation, poison, and so forth... but I enjoy and love my life!!! And as long as it were made here, packaged here, and sold here... I would buy it
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 2:18 PM on Feb. 13, 2011