Vaccinations-For or against?

I am doing a research paper on vaccinations and want some input from people on why they do or do not vaccinate.

I would appreciate any input. Please PM me with your view, and your name (I need it so I can use you as a source).

MizzNicole

Asked by MizzNicole at 7:31 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Health

• I will send you my answer....I am totally against vaccines. They are not only NOT necessary because the diseases were in remission BEFORE the vaccines were introduced, but they are also lethal!! As a side note, my doctor tried to push the flu shot on me and my family. We declined....she stated that we would be sorry....I called today to get in to see her....she's out with the flu!! LOL
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 7:35 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I am FOR vaccinations. The risk far outweighs the benefit. I'm old enough to have had the childhood diseases most people will never see in their lives. I nearly died from the measles.

I also worked in mental health and many of my clients had histories of childhood diseases that lead to brain infections. These brain infections would often leave the person with long term disabilities if they were fortunate enough to live.

pugpin

Answer by pugpin at 7:38 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• the reason these diseases were in "remission" is because of vaccinations. now that there are so many people opting not to have their children vaccinated, we are seing these diseases again.

i know there is literature about the resurfacing of the old childhood diseases. i will find some and send it to you.
    pugpin

Answer by pugpin at 7:40 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• i'm for them, might as well get them in on time if they have to have them for anything later on in life (ie, school, sports, ect.) as for the flu shot though, i'm NOT for that. hubby gets it, because the army has that policy, but me and my children do and will not get it. hubby doesn't get sick from it, but almost everyone else i know has gotten the flu from getting the shot, and i don't need to deal with sick kids while i'm sick myself. from my research, it looks like it's a live virus that they're giving to you, and it's a strand from the year before, so who's to say they don't get sick with a new strand. it's just a waste.
    Anonymous

• Did you ever notice that the people who are against vaccines have all had them as children? And yet they claim to be doing all this research and deep thinking. Hmmm. Apparently they didn't get brain damage from the vaccine!!
    I'm for it. I was vaccinated, both my kids were vaccinated. My dogs are vaccinated.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 7:45 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I've had rubella, measles, mumps, but not chicken pox because i had an immunity.

he other problem with opting to not vaccinate your kids is if you are pregnant and you are exposed, it could seriously cause harm to your unborn fetus. rubella was a big problem for pregnant women during the 60's and early 70's. by the time the woman would know she was exposed, it was too late.

the other childhood diseases are harmful to pregnant women as well.
    pugpin

Answer by pugpin at 7:59 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• LOOK AT IT THIS WAY. UNLESS YOU WANT TO HOMESCHOOL YOUR KIDS, THE SCHOOL WILL RECQUIRE THEM TO HAVE CERTAIN SHOTS. DAYCARE WILL ALSO.

WOULD YOU RATHER GIVE IT TO THEM SLOWLY WHEN THEY CANT REMEMBER OR WAIT TIL THEY ARE 4, READY FOR SCHOOL AND YOU HAVE TO GET THEM ALL AT THE SAME TIME.
    cloud144

Answer by cloud144 at 8:03 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Here is an excellent article with all of the statistics regarding the vaccinate vs. non-vaccinate issue.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/susan-blumenthal/a-new-years-resolution-_b_13079.html

pugpin

Answer by pugpin at 8:06 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• AS for the armed forces, you CAN refuse vaccinations and not be sanctioned. You have to do it the right way - you can't just refuse.

As for public school and daycare all states except 4 allow you to send your unvaccinated children. Mine have and ARE in public school and were in daycare with no problem as well.

As for the website, this is ONE doctor....with no citations for her sources for her statistics. No citations is not credible. I am a 3rd year law student and this would never ever be accepteble writing without sources.

As for anyone on the fence, ask your doctor to #1.) guarentee IN WRITING that the vaccinations are 100% safe, and #2.) if they themselves can tell you what is in each and every shot. The FACT is that most doctors do not even read the insert from the shots and the ones that do - DON'T vax their OWN kids!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 8:22 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Hey, it's up to you to vaccinate or not. Currently, the odds of getting one of these diseases are pretty low but those numbers are going to rise over time. Also, the older you are when you get these illnesses, the worse they are. The risk will never go away if a person isn't vaccinated.

I just remember these diseases and have had them. I've seen people die from them and left disabled by them. It's not pretty. I went to school with kids who had polio. They wore heavy metal braces, were in wheele chairs.

I'm 45 years old and I've really seen what these diseases can do. No way would I have put my child at risk. She's a teen now. I just brought her for the meningitis vaccine. I've seen people get that too. Try waiting in the ICU to see if your kid will survive or not.

pugpin

Answer by pugpin at 8:36 PM on Nov. 17, 2008