Need homework help, please!? I am not too good in math.

Can someone please help, my child has this question for homework and we can't figure it out. If someone could just lead us in the right direction, i would so appreciate it.

Round 1: On one side of the rope are 4 acrobats, each equal strength. On the other side are 5 grandmas, each equal strength. The results are dead even.

Round 2: On one side is Ivan, the dog. Ivan is pitted against 2 grandmas and 1 acrobat. Again, its a draw.

Round 3: Ivan and 3 grandmas are on one side, and the 4 acrobats are on the other.

Who will win the 3rd round? Explain your reasoning.

WifeyandMom71

Asked by WifeyandMom71 at 1:54 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in

• Ivan and the 3 grandmas would win. Ivan is the same strength as 2 gmas and an acrobat... so on one side you have Ivan (2 gmas and an acrobat) plus 3 more gmas... and on the other side you have 4 acrobats. this equals 5 gmas and 1 acrobat against 4 acrobats... and if you remember 4 acrobats equal 5 grandmas so, you have one more acrobat to help win in the 3rd situation (:
    b.leavitt101

Answer by b.leavitt101 at 2:03 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Sorry, I'm w/ you when it comes to math. Theres a website called math for morons like us & it goes all the way to pre calc. This sounds like a pre-algebra ques to me. GL
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:57 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I think round 3 is Ivan and 3 grandmas are on one side that win..

my reasoning is...in round one there is 4 acrobats each equal and other side 5 grandmas equal strength
    ( I divided each grouping by 100, each acrobat is 25 and each grandma is 20) making both sides equal to 100 and wach person in each group same number.

in round 2... ivan is against 2 grandmas(20 each and one acrobat 25 each) making it 65 so Ivan is 65 as well since its a draw

so in round 3 ivan (65) and 3 grandmas (20each =65) on one side and 4 acrobats on other side which is (25 each for a total of 100)

so in round 3 ivan an d3 grandmas win..

I may be soooooo wrong but thats what I think.. I would be assumed if it was wrong because I majored in Accounting with a minor in stats. LOL! this questions can get so tricky

edit*so in round 3 ivan (65) and 3 grandmas (20each =65) on one side and 4 acrobats on other side which is (25 each for a
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 2:06 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• bump

san78

Answer by san78 at 4:59 AM on Feb. 14, 2011