What should the consequences be if your partner doesn't recognize holidays. Birthday, Valentine's Day, Mother's Day etc...

AllisaMyJoy

Asked by AllisaMyJoy at 2:09 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Holidays

• Do the same for his special day.

Answer by older at 2:11 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• None it's their choice
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 2:11 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• LOL consequences? I don't think my dh has ever gotten consequences other than a wife with terribly hurt feelings. If he's giving me something special because I'm forcing him, I'd rather not have it. I'd rather him remember and do something special out of love for me - not force. Just my personal preference :)
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 2:11 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Why should bad memory have consequences?? Not everyone is good at remembering that which to them isn't big.
    Valentine's Day - why should your mate need a special day to say "I love you", that should be EVERY DAY! Mother's Day - should be your children not your partner remembering that one. Holidays - depends on which ones you celebrate. Birthday - some people are really bad at remembering dates.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:12 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• ouch... vindictive?

If my hubs forgot something I would assume he is stressed out or his mind was elsewhere. I think punishing a husband is the act of a VERY small minded selfish woman. I would NEVER lower myself to that point. 

I marred a grown up and I would like to think he did too.  If someone forgets there must be a reason... and I think I would attend to the reason and not act childish... after all arent we supposed to be a team?

Anonymous

• none..
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:21 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• No consequences. My hubby doesn't really enjoy picking things out for me for special occasions. He has always been afraid I won't like it. So I knew that from day 1 when we were dating and we have come to an agreement that I just pick out what I want...order it or buy it for myself most of the time (he knows in advance what I want or buying) and both of us are happy :-) We also just play down holidays because I am easy to please. An evening without kids, netflix movie, he cooks for me (or we cook together), and that is one perfect Valentines date! You have to remember that celebrating holidays aren't just about gift giving....make the best of whatever the holiday is!
    kristinashley24

Answer by kristinashley24 at 2:25 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Not forget! Just doesn't do anything because they don't care for holidays. I guess I didn't mean consequences rather what should you do or how should you feel. Should you say something or acknowledge it at all?
    AllisaMyJoy

Comment by AllisaMyJoy (original poster) at 2:26 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• None.  Consequences for forgetting or not doing anything for a holiday, that's damn petty right there. Damn petty.

SweetSprinkles

Answer by SweetSprinkles at 2:27 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• If your husband out of the blue started ignoring holidays/bdays/ect.... I would think you have a HUGE issue in the marriage. I would suggest you focus on the marriage and not getting a gift.

If your husband has always been this way.... I would say "you knew what you were getting into so accept that this is what YOU chose."

Anonymous