• In the Spotlight:

Does my mother in law like me ?

Ok im not sure if she likes me we hardly talk when we see each other yesterday she calls my husband saying to go pick up a crib she bought for our baby on the way she didn't ask if we needed one or tell us she was gonna buy one for us she just bought it ..it was a big susprise for me when she called to tell my husband im not sure if she bought just cus of my husband cus of course thats her son or if she bought it just to be nice not to mention when i was in labor with my first i never knew this but my husband said she actually left work just to come and see me and her new grand daughter and he said she never did that before he said she would never leave work for anything or anybody that was also a big shock for me i thought she was just off of work that day but anyways like i was saying me and her hardly talk cus i can talk away on the computer and texting but when it comes to being in person with someone im dead silent i hate that about me i wish i was an outgoing person instead of being self-centered i always keep to myself in crowds of people what can i do to more open with my mother in law .thanks.

alexia_09

Asked by alexia_09 at 2:11 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• Complement her son, haven't meet a mother in law that doesn't like this.

Answer by older at 2:13 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• i don't really know how she feels about you. all the special acts could be for the new baby, but she most definitely doesn''t hate you. she seems nice. sometimes we all have akward moments with in laws. just make conversation about your pregnancy or new baby. it's a topic that will never go wrong with grandmas.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 2:16 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• ~*Hugs*~... don't be so hard on yourself... doesn't sound like she is being unkind in anyways, and consider yourself blessed!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 2:28 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• You are doing fine. It takes time to build a relationship. I don't know if she likes you or not. It's possible she is afraid you don't like her....or she just feels awkward around you because you aren't comfortable in your own skin when in a crowd....hard to say....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 2:33 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• She like u,the baby is a part of u. U r really shy or uncomfortable for some reason. She sounds like a nice lady. Try to communicate verbally with her. U see people sometimes mistake a person be shy or quiet as stuck up and u don't want anyone thinking that. My suggestion is to change and talk,using your mouth not your fingers!! Trust me,u will regret it!!!! Grandmas do not live forever. U need to do it now!!!! She won't bite!!! Talk to her and u will see, it will be well worth it! What r u going to do if grandma comes to visit or u visit her and everybody is talking to her except u? It will reflect negatively on u!!!! U need to change!! Sorry if it seems harsh,but that is the truth,it stings!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:39 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• You really need to come out of your comfort shell. It will make it easier on you once your little ones start school. The more you start talking the easier it will be. I too use to be a shy person.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 6:54 PM on Feb. 13, 2011