Have you ever just donated all your clothes and bought all new ones?

Sometimes you look in your closet and you have alot of clothes but yet can't find anything to wear....have you ever just gone thru them and decided to get rid of most and just splurge and get new stuff?? How much did you spend?

kristinashley24

Asked by kristinashley24 at 2:12 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Just for Fun

• no... but i do go through on a regular basis and get rid of things i dont wear
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 2:13 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• No, but I would love to if i could afford to.
    bekej

Answer by bekej at 2:14 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I have donated a bunch of clothes (a friend of mine was extremely happy she was the recipient), but I still had a lot besides. A few of my friends keep me in mind when they are getting rid of clothes and pass them on to me. I don't usually spend much on clothes.
    teacherbug

Answer by teacherbug at 2:17 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• haha wow. I think I've only bought 5 pieces of clothing in my closet, the rest are and me downs. I can't wait to be able to afford A wardrobe much less getting rid of one for a new one.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 2:17 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Yes. I have done that a couple of times actually. I usually donate them and then buy myself 4-5 new outfits per season after that. It depends where I shop as to how much I spend and what I am buying.

Answer by gemgem at 2:20 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• No, I have never done that. For years it was because I couldn't afford it..but now..it's more because I hate shopping. LOL
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:22 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• ~*Nope*~... but I have gone ahead bought all new clothes, come home and thrown stuff away!!!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 2:26 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• i would LOVE to if i could afford it!
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 2:45 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• We have the money...and after baby #3 was born I have just been so dissatisfied with EVERYTHING in my closet. I was seriously thinking about doing this but with just my tops. I LOVE Maurices clothes and I'm on their site right now and my cart is at $500! Why do I feel so guilty about it if we have the money??
    kristinashley24

Comment by kristinashley24 (original poster) at 3:10 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• what an amazing idea!!!!!!!!! haven't done it but think that i will -- gonna start saving $100 per week so I can do this for summer! Do it girl -- think of how you will be helping others and making yourself happy -- and the tax write off for donating! Or, have a garage sale and sell everything for .25 or .50 each piece!
    ktthatsmeinca

Answer by ktthatsmeinca at 3:53 PM on Feb. 13, 2011