Nursing Moms that have used Fenugreek

How many Milligrams were in the pills you purchased? I called the all natural store here in my town and the capsules that they carry are 500 milligrams. Is that what the normal amount is? Let me know asap thanks!! :)

nat1387

Asked by nat1387 at 2:16 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yeah, 5-6 hundred is standard. You'll need to take 3-4x the dose listed on the bottle, broken up to about 4 doses during the day for the first 4 days, and then 1/2 of that thereafter.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:18 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I used it but moved onto a prescription domperidone. I only did 3 pills a day for the first week and then moved to twice a day so maybe that is why I didn't get the results I wanted. But I smelled like maple syrup the whole time I was taking it! God luck with increasing your milk supply!
    tmpmom1116

Answer by tmpmom1116 at 2:47 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• That's what mine were. But when I bought them I didn't realize that you have to take several pills several times a day in order for it to be the least bit effective so I fell off that bandwagon. I'd be going through a bottle a week or less.
    Anonymous

• mine are 610mg and i take 2 a day
    lashes325

Answer by lashes325 at 5:40 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Mine were 500. I took two 3x/day.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:13 AM on Feb. 14, 2011