Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Too much facial and body hair for female adult content

Please help
Anyone had any dealings with this? I'm not talking about thick black hair everywhere, but like a beard growth
I have to pluck and wax but I know its not normal to have so much hair, your thoughts?


Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Health

This question is closed.
Answers (14)
  • Skip all the bull crap tests and BC pills. They don't do crap for women like us. I FINALLY found a Dr. who had the sense to put me on Spironalactone. It is an androgen blocker. It has helped SO much. My facial area isn't near as bad as it was but I still have to put a little effort into it. I had issues with hair all over my body and my body is like a miracle transformation. It will come back if I ever have to get off the spiro but I'm pretty sure I'll let it kill me before I go back to feeling like a monster. Give yourself atleast 6 months before you start looking for changes. Hair is on a 6-12 month cycle. PM me if you want....I've been going down this road a long LONG time and tried every stupid ass thing out there.

    Answer by RentaMom at 4:04 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

  • I get facial hair on my chin and a little spot on my neck. I had to be on depo-lupron for 9 months when I was a teenager, and it can cause hormonal imbalances that create this problem. I have also heard that women with PCOS have this problem.

    In fact, I think it's allot more common than you realize! Allot of women have to bleach their
    "mustache" or wax places beyond just their eyebrows :)

    Answer by angelm523 at 2:51 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

  • I think too much hair growth on a woman has to do with hormones and chemical imbalances

    Answer by firethearson at 2:51 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

  • It really could be a medical problem. Something to do with your hormones. My cousin has something, And I wish I could tell you the name of it but I dont remember. If its something that is very obvious to the eye...then maybe you should talk to your doctor, just to be on the safe side. Other than that...if its something normal, like facial baby hair on a womans face...just wax it.

    Answer by bellamommyof4 at 2:53 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

  • Try electrolysis.

    Answer by dancer at 2:54 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

  • Over active thyroid? I would go to your doc and have him run some test.

    Answer by bhoward87 at 2:56 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

  • Too much testosterone. If you're on birth control that can do it. Age. Lots of things. If it's bothering you go to the doc for blood work.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:56 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

  • i would definately have a hormone panel drawn so you can rule out or figure out with your dr what it is. i would start off with my obgyn first rather than family dr. and if you don't find answers there, i would see a Reproductive Encologist.

    it is very common. i use vaniqa personally, and it works well. hth!

    Answer by liteofmine71 at 3:04 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

  • Its likely a hormone issue. You should go see your doctor and have them run hormone tests. If that doesnt show any imbalance have them refer you to a dermatologist.

    Answer by gemgem at 3:05 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

  • there is a condition called hirtuism, it is a hormone imbalace that can cause excess hair growth. you can talk to your Dr.

    Answer by beckygeiger at 3:12 PM on Feb. 13, 2011