Is it ok to let your 2 yr old have apple juice?

Every one keeps telling me how bad juice is for kids and how it can contribute to obesity so I've been so hesitant to give himjuice, but lately when we go out to eat we've let him have apple juice as a special treat. Do you think juice is really bad for kids?

He is not overweight and is a completely normal sized toddler on the growth charts...

tmpmom1116

Asked by tmpmom1116 at 3:08 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• no it is just fne to give hi. Just dilute it a little with water and only give it 1-2 times a day
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 3:11 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Stop listening to these crazy moms on here. Juice alone is not going to make your kid obese. I do suggest using 100% juice with no sugar added just to cut down on the sugar high but other than that a cup or two of juice a day is going to do absolutely no harm. I do however agree with no juice at night as even the natural sugars and acidity of fruit period is not good to sit on teeth.
    Anonymous

• From a mom that learned the hard way, keep juice as a treat. Give them water as often as you can.
    bekej

Answer by bekej at 3:15 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• When people talk about juices that contribute to obesity... they generally mean the ones that are full of artificial flavors and a ton of sugar and calories. There are a ton of juices out there that are completely natural, and therefore have just natural sugars - nothing added at all. Natural sugars are much healthier than sugars that are added. We buy Sunrype juice - it comes in a ton of different flavors (including apple, and apple blended with other fruits) and it's all natural.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 3:15 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I totally agree wth anon.... juice at night isn't goo at all, and definately make sue your lil one is brushing their teeth!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 3:16 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• To me nothing wrong with giving your kids juice. If worried about the sugar try juicy juice which is not supposed to have sugar in it. Plus fruit juice is good to me if can not get kids to eat fruit.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 3:18 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• We give our son diluted juice with meals (1/2 juice 1/2 water) and water the rest of the time. If they have juice or milk at bedtime that makes them heavier. Our son was very chubby until we took away the bottles at bedtime. hes thinned out a lot and he has a lot more energy now.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 3:29 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Everything in moderation is fine, I would water it down.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 3:41 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I think it will be ok to give your child applejuice. Just dilate it with alittle bit of water and dont give it to them all the time.
    acruz86

Answer by acruz86 at 3:45 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• you can and if u r worried dilute it
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 3:59 PM on Feb. 13, 2011