Cursing

What is a good age to stop cussing in front of baby.... I know immediately would be the ideal time, but when do they understand?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:47 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• one of my 2 1/2 year old's first words was F*ck...so I'd say by 8-9 months...
    Anonymous

• They repeat bad words BEFORE they understand what they're saying. Stop NOW!!
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 7:49 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• now better than later,they are like little sponges,they absorb everything they hear.Babies can start repeating things by age one.so watch out.lol
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 7:56 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• They won't understand the meaning of some of the words for years and years. But they'll still say them.
    Stop now. I know it's hard. But stop now. The emotional content behind that swear word makes it stick in their little brains that much more.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 7:56 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Replace Replace Replace!!! Find new FUNNY cuss words! Instead of F**K say fudge! instead of Sh*T say schnike! and so on and so forth, see how many new fun and exciting words you can replace! We also found that if in the event you do cuss on accident infront of them, yell out something fast (we say Peanutbutter, speghetti or pumkin bars!) the orginal word NEVER registers and all they hear is the BIG word that you yelled out....believe it or not, it worked for us!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 8:06 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• MamaRoberts thats hilarious, and a GREAT idea. ^^^^^^best answer up there^^^^^^^
    JathonsMomma18

Answer by JathonsMomma18 at 8:59 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Seriously stop now...they understand long before they can speak.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 9:47 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• i can vouche for replacing!
    my husband and i started saying 'balls' instead of various curse words and wouldn't you know.. 'balls' was one of my daughter's first words. :)
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 10:36 PM on Nov. 17, 2008