What do you do for a Sty in your eye?

I have a very pain Sty in my eye under the eyelid....how can I fix it?

makalahlove

Asked by makalahlove at 7:49 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Health

• lay a warm wet wash cloth on it for about 10 min at least 2-3 times a day.MY Daughter just went to the eye dr for one.good luck
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 7:54 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• This is going to sound really weird but...A couple of drops of whole white milk (red cap) in the eye a couple of times a day will actually help the stye go away and help with the pain. Something about the proteins in the milk. My hubby had a really bad one and my mom told him to try it, and it really worked.
    jcsg

Answer by jcsg at 7:54 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• ew my husband gets those and the only home remedy that's ever worked for him is put your finger in your mouth get a bunch of saliva on it and then put it on the infected eye. Keep doing that it will heal it.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 7:58 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Warm compress. Those hurt so bad...hope it heals soon!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:08 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I would do a warm compress and if it don't go down in a few days I would go to the doctor. You might need to get an antibioic eye ointment. I'm using that right now for my son. He had one on his eye and I did the warm compress for about a day. When he woke up the next morning his eye lid was red and purple and swollen like he got hit in his eye. I took him to the doctor and that's what they gave him. He worked. His Sty has gone down.
    MrsPantherress

Answer by MrsPantherress at 10:00 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• well remember momma took jr to the doc to get rid of his. he gave him some antibotics.. but it might be different for kids ..u know.
    Kelli0305

Answer by Kelli0305 at 8:44 AM on Nov. 18, 2008