Wow sometimes my husband is so immature and such an insensitive jerk adult content

i mean is it really necessary to shout obscenities with your young, impressionable children around just because your getting killed in a game of call of duty? "g*d damnit" "FUCK!" "shit!" is all im hearing and our little ones are sitting right here coloring at the table. he is playing on the big shared living room tv. i asked him if he could atleast tone the language down in front of them. i seriously want to go up and break the PS3 or smack the shit out of him right now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• Do it!

Answer by older at 3:39 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I agree. My DH gets into call of duty. He definately doesnt scream obscenties but occasionally he gets a little overzealous and words come out that I'd prefer my 2.5 yr old not hear. He has been responsive to ques to shut up though when our son is around. Sorry yours is not!! Try accidentally stepping on the game case when it falls on the floor and the disc gets scratched or broken. Maybe he'll take a break for awhile and put some attention on you and the kids who need it more than the game.
    tmpmom1116

Answer by tmpmom1116 at 3:40 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I taught school for years and had a parent with this issue. Try this, take a recording of his rants and when he least expects it, around his friends, while he's working in the garage, basement or in a quite state, I said quite state...turn the recording on and let him listen to it, over and over again. Sometimes we need to be confronted literally with our faults, over and over and over again. Remember when we do not learn from our mistakes, we are doomed to repeat them again! He will either learn or one day it will come back and bite him on the butt by one of his children...
    cookingwdenay

Answer by cookingwdenay at 3:43 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• See, this is where I zip up the pants in the family and walk over and shut the game off. I try not to be a controlling b*tch but when he's not only ignoring the family to play his stupid video games (which I can deal with every so often as long as it's not an addicting habit and I don't NEED him at that moment) but if he's also ignoring my polite requests to knock off the language in front of the kid, I stop giving a damn what he's doing. It usually gets his attention that I'm serious and he'll either stop playing or turn it back on and stop the cussing. I've done it before! Thankfully, I don't have to do it often.
    Anonymous

• I made dh put the ps3 in our room, so he is away from the kids when he plays. We also agreed that he will only play at night, I kinda like to play, but this way, regardless of when he plays he is away from the kids.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:47 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• He needs to be in a padded room!

Answer by admckenzie at 3:47 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Has your kids ever repeated what he has said? What did he do??
    kristinashley24

Answer by kristinashley24 at 3:45 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I have someone that same way and seems we have something in common. I asked a question not to long ago about that and got some good advice. Sometimes I think I have 4 kids instead of 3. Jus hang in there. If can check out my question since still open and more advice. I just let mine be cause worse if I say something and I usually hurry in to change the subject or get them busy doing something and that seems to help some.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 3:52 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I feel your pain. Not only are your children hearing what he is saying they are tuning in to the game and violence and seeing mommy upset. This is a huge discussion in our society today and the best thing to do is give him adult time where he can have the tv when your children are napping or are not home. Tell him that these are bad impressions and no young child should be around it. Good for you though for keeping your cool!
    rachelagraziano

Answer by rachelagraziano at 5:10 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• That is extremely uncalled for and immature. If he can't watch his mouth he really needs to turn the game off and put up the controls until he can behave in a mature manner. Children are impressionable and he is setting a horrible example.
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 9:29 AM on Feb. 14, 2011