Fenugreek question...

Did it work for you? How soon after taking it did you start seeing results!?

nat1387

Asked by nat1387 at 3:44 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It can take up to 5 days for the full effect to be seen, when taking a therapeutic dose (NOT the dosage on the bottle). Yes, when taken properly (again NOT the dosage on the bottle) it does work.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:00 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• What ObbyDobbie said. You should take at least 3 times the dosage suggested on the label, and it will work its very best in combination with other herbs like Blessed Thistle, and Red Raspberry Leaf.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 4:53 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• i'd just like to say fenugreek helped me SO much! it took about 3 days for it to kick in for me. I read the side effects and it said may cuz urine and sweat to smell like maple syrup... i was like, "and that's a bad thing?" lol good luck hope it works for you!
    lashes325

Answer by lashes325 at 5:37 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Within 3 days of starting to use the stuff I also drink nursing tea a few times a day.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 8:02 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• It didn't work that great for me, but I got a late start pumping. The other poster are absolutely correct about the higher doses ... maybe start at 2 capsules 3 times a day. You'll know you're taking enough when you smell the maple syrup scent and your SO asks "have you been eating pancakes?". Don't forget to drink LOTS of water, your body needs tons of it!
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 10:20 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I used it and also drank Mother's Milk tea, it works! It is a long story but it probably bought me another couple of months. BTW, you can also eat things with artificial maple in them (it is usually fenugreek, although not in high concentrations)
    MChildressDem

Answer by MChildressDem at 10:27 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I used Blessed Thistle wich is another herb to increase milk supply in lactating mothers i also swear by this Housepoets' Famous Lactation Boosting Oatmeal, Chocolate Chips & Flaxseed Cookies they taste great and i really thought that they helped heaps with my milk supply!

shirl16

Answer by shirl16 at 8:18 PM on Feb. 15, 2011