When was the last time you saw...

a lighter in a car???

I have a 2011 honda pilot... no lighter, no ash tray either.  Before that I had a 2001 chrysler town & country... no lighter, I dont think it had an ash tray.  Prior to that I had a 1995 buick sedan (forgot the modle)... had an ash tray but no lighter.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Just for Fun

• One of our company cars is a 2005 Nissan Armada...and it has a lighter. I wanna say it's still an optional feature if you ask.
    Anonymous

• I don't really pay attention, but I think it's awesome if they stopped putting ashtrays in cars. It grosses me out to see people smoking in their car, especially when they don't even bother to open the windows....
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 3:51 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• My mother drives a 2007 Hyundai Sonata and I believe it has a cigarette lighter. I know she didn't ask for it since she doesn't smoke but I remember seeing it once and thinking that they aren't as common anymore.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 3:51 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• You can get a lighter and ash tray, but those are now EXTRA Paid for features! Love that they are.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:16 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• My 2 cars have no lighter or ash tray!! It is a nasty,cancer causing habit that kills people!!! We have people talking on the phone and texting while driving,they do not need another distraction!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 4:16 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Today
    Dianakk

Answer by Dianakk at 4:18 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• My DH's car has a lighter. It is a 93 Mazda MX3. My 2003 Sunfire came with a lighter and an ashtray that is moveable. I use it for change :) The lighter would be good in an emergency. I am a smoker but do not smoke in my car and if I did I would take my own ashtray and lighter and not dirty the one that is in the car. DH doesn't smoke.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 4:27 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• The "smoker's kit" costs extra. I guess 20-25% of the population who still smoke, pay high taxes for one of the most addicting habits known to man, get treated like leppers, get screwed over by the auto industry as well. For those that dont smoke, where do you put your spare change now?

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:28 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• My kids didn't believe me when I told them that where they charge their phones and ipods, was designed for lighters.
    bekej

Answer by bekej at 4:32 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• It is interesting how the lighter outlets have now evolved into electrical outlets. Alhtough even in the "old days" there were some things you could plug into the lighter socket. Now I am trying to remember if my 1990 model car-the one I had before the one I have now-had an ashtray. Can't remember. Times sure have changed. I remember going to meetings at work where there would be ashtrays on the conference table. Now there are connectors to hook up your laptop instead.
    confused969

Answer by confused969 at 4:34 PM on Feb. 13, 2011