Pregnant and feel like im going to start my period ????

I'm 19 weeks pregnant and I feel like I'm about to start my period.
What could this be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Not really sure what it could be, but I do that too.
    Like sometimes I have to go to the bathroom just to check and make sure I didn't, cuz it'll feel like I just did.
    Nikki B.

Answer by Nikki B. at 4:32 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I think its normal the cramps are just from your insides being moved around im 37 weeks and feel like that but i think mine are more towards contractions
    Tarrahs2011

Answer by Tarrahs2011 at 4:35 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• It's normal. A lot of pregnancy symptoms are really similar to period symptoms, if you haven't already noticed. The entire time I was pregnant last time (the pregnancy only lasted two months) it felt like I was going to get my period any day.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 4:40 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I experienced that too, so I would say its normal, but if you are concerned you should call your doc
    BlessednHappy

Answer by BlessednHappy at 6:06 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Are you in pain? If you are, you may have pulled the muscles around your tummy. I did that with all my pregnancies, it hurt a lot! I ended up on bedrest because of the pain.
    SnapdragonSMT

Answer by SnapdragonSMT at 7:44 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• is there any pain?
    san78

Answer by san78 at 4:41 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• As long as there is no bleeding and no diarrhea, you're probably fine. Cramping during pregnancy is normal. (Especially if this is your first baby. The uterus stretching is not a comfortable experience.) You can call your OB and run in for a quick check if that eases your mind, but more than likely it is just normal uterine stretching. (The baby hits a massive growth spurt around that time. Your belly is getting bigger by the minute, it seems. That does not make for a comfortable mommy.)
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 10:17 AM on Feb. 14, 2011