Kindle vs Nook

i was going toward the Nook, but alot of people have been telling me the kindle is better...please give me the pros and cons ladies!

the thing drawing toward the Nook is the ability to check out books from the library, so i don't have to buy every book i want to read. i'm not rich, sometimes extra money is something we don't have. only reason i can get one of these is cuz we can get 1 pleasure thing each (dh and i) with our tax money...

armywife43

Asked by armywife43 at 4:46 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Shopping

• Does your library do book check outs?? Make sure 1st. Mine does not.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:49 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• With the Nook, when you are in a Barnes and Noble, you can read anything for free on your Nook. You can also lend books or borrow books from other nook users.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 4:56 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• http://www.thenookvskindle.com/

This site may help you make your decision.  I have a kindle but I got it as a gift from DH last Vday, so I didn't really have a choice as to which one I wanted...but I really like my Kindle...I use it a ton!  I do wish I could share books with my 2 friends that have the Kindle too.  I gave my brother my kindle password and he can read my books on his kindle but I don't want to go giving my password out to everyone!

MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 5:18 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• A kindle is definitely more known...I personally have a Nook, which I love, but it really depends on what your looking for. The check-out feature in the Nook is truly a prize-winner.
    NickyNicole06

Answer by NickyNicole06 at 6:42 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• My husband has the Sony e-reader, pocket edition. He likes it, but he says that you have to use the computer to load books onto it, which some people don't like that. They like being able to buy the books from the actual device. He likes the Sony because Amazon can delete a book directly off your Kindle, if they want to. He thinks the Nook is the same way, but he isn't completely sure. He has heard of them actually doing it on the Kindle, though. Which is why he likes using the computer to upload his books. No one, other than he, can delete them. The Sony is also cheaper than both the Kindle and Nook because it doesn't have the wifi and all that jazz. He's not sure if he can get library books on them or not. Though we have iPhones and an iPod and we can get them on those. Though, according to him, our library doesn't have a good selection of e-books anyway. He likes that it fits in his pocket, too.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:58 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I use ibooks on my iphone. Has a ton of books available, and you have it on your phone, so only one device to carry around. You can also get the kindle app for your phone.
    autbot

Answer by autbot at 10:35 PM on Feb. 15, 2011