Can any moms tell me how I can make money from home?

I have 4 children and can not afford daycare on the amount of money I would make working outside my home. So now I am a stay at home mommy and need a way to make money. I am not looking to get rich but need a little help. I also don't have money to put down to buy into a "get rich quick scheme". Any input would help. Thanks

rachelagraziano

Asked by rachelagraziano at 4:59 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Money & Work

• I know people who do transcription or bookkeeping from home. Is going back to school an option at all for like a certificate?
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 5:04 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Hey I work from home with Internet CEO Moms. It has allowed me to stay at home with my two little girls Genna and Sophia and I have so much fun working with an amazing team of mamas!

Fell free to check out my website for more info.

Hannah Mayr
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms
    http://www.internetceomoms.com/lovingeveryminute
    Helping Moms Work From Home Since 1999!
    HannahMayr

Answer by HannahMayr at 5:05 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I just posted on this...ITs defintiely not a get rich quick scheme, but I have a Home based business with Prepaid Legal services...They are a 38 year old company that has the best credentials you will ever find.
    The company just announced some MAJOR cash incentives for New people, with that in mind to help you I am offering this week, the business kit on me.
    I dont know if this is what you are looking for. i have been with the company for 16 mos and I work from home PT, and make a FT income. I have a almost 6 year old 3 1/2 year old and 4 week old home with me FT.
    If you'd like more information you can message me and we can talk from there.
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 5:15 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Do you have a skill you can capitailize on? I had a sewing business out of my home before I moved. That's one idea. Also, at care.com there are several categories of jobs that you might look at. Use the pulldown on the main page to look at the categories and see if any might be a fit. They are not all childcare jobs.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:16 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I would start by reading this lady's blog www.noteworthytips.com and checking out the other blogs she links to on the sidebar quite far down. It will help you see what can be done from home and whether you think you can do it as well as raising four children. Working from home can be hard and it definitely is a lot of work INITIALLY.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 5:21 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I blog about work at home ideas and opportunities.  You're welcome to read my blog at Mavi's Home Work

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:47 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Hi Rachel
    Remember any legitimate internet home based business you will have to invest some initial capital and ongoing costs will be involved. At what level of investment (in legitimate & genuine online companies) is totally up to you of course and wholly dependent on the level of success you are after.
    There is no such thing as a 'get rich quick scheme' lets face it if there were we would all do it right!!! Your hard work rewards you.
    Do some research, start by finding something of interest to you and go from there.
    Also a question you need to ask yourself is: Are you looking to run a business from home or is it a job you are untimely looking for. This will help narrow your search.
    Cheers
    Rebecca
    www.forget925.com
    RebeccaLewis

Answer by RebeccaLewis at 8:00 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with medical billing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:27 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I'm also with Internet CEO Moms, we have a great Team. I've been an Internet CEO Mom for over a year and half now. I encourage you to visit Hannah's website to get all the details. www.internetceomoms.com/lovingeveryminute

Best Wishes!!
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 10:17 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Hi, I am a rep. for Gold Canyon Candles, and we have a wonderful way you can sign up without coming out of the pocket a lot of money. You can actually make 3 monthly payments for your kit, but after your first payment they will go ahead and send you the kit.. Its something that is great for a lot of people that don't have that much up front money.. You can also earn your kit for free... So after you get your kit you can start selling and not have to pay anything else on the kit... If you have any questions about this you can contact me at barbna7@live.com. you can also check out my website at www.mygc.com/bcandles I hope this helps you out with your search..
    barbna7

Answer by barbna7 at 10:45 PM on Feb. 13, 2011