What are some gifts you'd get for a little boy's 1st birthday?

my son will be a year old on March 25th and i have no idea what to get him... HELP!

lashes325

Asked by lashes325 at 5:18 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• savings bond. the child has no clue, so I give something the parents can appriciate.
    Anonymous

• ~*Honestly*~.... since I figure most kids are like ours, spoiled rotten, I give *CASH*!!! I figure they can invest it, stick it in the kid's savings account (like our kids), or towards something the kid wanted but didn't get...

~*CASH IS KING*~
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 5:22 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I agree w/ the other mom's, he'll get plenty of toys, if he needs something the parents can buy it for them w/ the money you give or put it in his savings account. you could get a book or something to put w/ it if you want him to have something to unwrap.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 5:30 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• sorry guess i should have posted it differently... He's my son i just don't know what to get him
    lashes325

Comment by lashes325 (original poster) at 5:34 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• a learning toy
    ethanlevi26

Answer by ethanlevi26 at 5:45 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I like giving a one-year-old a piggy bank. Although the child has know idea about money, it's never too early for him to start saving. Often I think young children get so many gifts at a 1- or 2-year-old party, that they are overwhelmed. I think it's better to get one other larger gift (a wagon is good at that age) and tell the other friends and relatives that you are trying to simplify Junior's toy collection and would appreciate no gifts, but if they insist, you can suggest a contribution to his new piggy bank!
    QueenTitania

Answer by QueenTitania at 8:39 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I'm a big fan of books and blocks - mega blocks are great :-)
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 9:27 PM on Feb. 14, 2011