When you leave for any length of time....

do you prepare easily cooked/reheated meals for hubs to serve to the family or do you let him do it all on his own.

please let me know if you are a working mom/ sahm/ who usually cooks and what time hubs usually gets home from work.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:19 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Food & Drink

• ~*Giggles*~... hubby can cook, and he is capable of feeding "our" children... lol
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 5:20 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• mommaclark... what time does he usually get home from work?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:23 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Before I would leave we would go over what he wanted me to buy so he could cook it. Or if I was making something like soup or chili I made extra and froze it so he could use it. I was a SAHM then and he would get home about 5:30
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:23 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I have never left my husband for any length of time without taking the kids with me, but if I were to do so he would be on his own to cook. I'm a SAHM who cooks any meal we eat in this house and hubby gets home from work around 6:30 pm.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:23 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• scout... you dont think the family would eat too late if he came home at 6:30 and then had to cook a whole meal?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:26 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I let him do it on his own, I work full time and my husband usually gets home around 6:00. My husband would either cook it, go to the grocery to buy something easy to prepare or order it in. He can take care of eating and feeding the kids.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 5:27 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Depends on the situation and all - I've not had cause to leave for days on end many times but he's capable of cooking and usually is willing. I think he typically does quick to fix easy foods though.

I work pt (less than 10 hours a week typically) and dh works either evenings or nights.
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 5:27 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• My hubby is capable of taking care of dinner. I am away from the house around dinner maybe twice a year but I know he will be fine. I am a SAHM but he helps me out in the kitchen when I don't feel like cooking. I think that it is my job but it is his way of showing me he appreciates what I do at home and understands that I work hard to.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 5:28 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• i prepare a quick meal
    ethanlevi26

Answer by ethanlevi26 at 5:43 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• He doesn't work on a time clock. He can cook if I have to be gone. A few years ago I was hospitalized for 10 days total, had 2 surgeries, and a long recovery period where I couldn't do anything. He did 100% of the cooking then (other than a few meals that church ladies brought in).
    Anonymous