For Gothics....

There is a wide misconception that Goths worship satan.

But correct me if I'm wrong, isnt Gothic mean that you simply just dont fear death? It is not connected to any religion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:22 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• LOL... and here I just thought it was a fashion statement.

The thing I find the most amusing are the kids who say "i dress this way to show my individuality".... then you see them with a whole group dressed just like them.

Anonymous

• well you know kids, they talk out of thier butts alot, they dont study before they talk.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:35 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I think it's more or less a fashion statement/cry for attention than having anything to do with religion. They claim to not be afraid of death or embrace it whatever, but put a gun to their head and they're going to piss their pants like any other person.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 5:43 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• i disagree with that Nanixh, my friend died this last halloween doing that.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:50 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• @nanixh im considered goth since i dont fear death at all....i have had a gun to my head i just stared right at the person holding to me, i wasnt scared at all....i also wasnt scared when i got hit by a car nor was i scared when i fell off my roof i just laughed at myself after the last two.....
    Lizzypuppylove

Answer by Lizzypuppylove at 5:59 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• ok... im 43, sahm, soccer mom.... I dress like I just walked out of Nordstroms... I do NOT fear death.... so am I now Goth????
    Anonymous

• so am I now Goth????

Yes. Turn in your yoga pants and pick up some purple lipstick
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:30 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• LMBO... boy will the coffee klatch be shocked when i tell them Im now goth!!!!
    Anonymous

• Well, I've been "Goth" since before "Goth" was a style, and it's got nothing to do with beliefs at all. Not Satan & Not Death... It's just the way most of us like to look. It's no more connected to our religious beliefs or thoughts on death than wearing clothes from "The Gap" does.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:28 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• okay to clarify from an "official la goth" Goth is either one of these three:

1 A group of people who dress in a dark and victorian esque manner with a specific type of fashion style and sense.

2 A type of style that is more morbid and death oriented (though not neccesarily fearless of death).

3 A type of music that tends to focus on death or the sadness of life.

I was always more of a gothic hippie ie i dressed gothic but did not have a death oriented mentality. It has nothing to do with satanic worship but I know that lots of satanists dress that way because of the striking and dramatic effect it tends to have.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 9:03 PM on Feb. 13, 2011