Why do people, who are not moms, join this site?

I don't know why, but it really irritates me when I find out a woman with no children are on this site. If you're trying to get pregnant, or have lost a child, that's a totally different matter, but NOT trying to get pregnant, and never had any children... why would you want to join this site? It's for mommies.

Are there reasons that I'm not aware of? Please enlighten me.

corbysmom531

Asked by corbysmom531 at 5:23 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I have never met ANY one on here who isnt a mom. what type groups are you meeting them in??
    Anonymous

• ~*ATTENTION*~... I don't know, just guessing... just like why are there women out there that'll pretend to be pregnant, drag out the attention of adoptive parents, than have to scheme why there is no baby??? I'm guessing the same psychosis of being willing to live a lie for attention they’d never had in real life??? IDK
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 5:26 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I didn't know that there were women on here who aren't moms.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 5:27 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I guess because we have questions that don't relate to kids. Sex and relationship type things.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:28 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I have seen a few girls who babysit who have joined... or are a nanny for someone's family. Sometimes people just need to get answers to their questions. (why moms do things this way or that.... etc.)
    kaitilala

Answer by kaitilala at 5:28 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• maybe they're just lonely
    Anonymous

• I so agree! There are people on here who aren't moms - there are even men on here and it's just crazy - it's called Cafe MOM for a reason.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:30 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• if i remember right it says men are welcome too. mr.mom's, also, maybe they aren't mom's but are considering being so in the future and want to learn before they get pregnant. i don't understand why this would make you angry. maybe they can't have kids and would like to. maybe they like hearing stories of precious little ones and many many more reason's. college students in studies that have to do with children can learn a lot from here. i wouldn't let it upset me. anyone wanting to learn is welcome in my opinion. nurses that have no children but work with them and want all the great idea's people share on here.
    Dianakk

Answer by Dianakk at 5:56 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Dianakk -

I never said it made me angry. It just irritates me because CafeMOM is obviously meant for moms. And if you read my whole question, you would see that those who are TRYING to get pregnant don't bother me. If they welcome people who are not moms, then they need to change the name of the site.
    corbysmom531

Comment by corbysmom531 (original poster) at 11:43 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I am going to go with them just being lonely.

P.S. I have a 5 month old. Haha
    WARNING

Answer by WARNING at 1:21 AM on Feb. 14, 2011