How do i get my 5 year old to sleeep through the night?

he has never slept through the night im concerned there is something wrong... and he snores all the time

ethanlevi26

Asked by ethanlevi26 at 5:38 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Has the Dr. checked his tonsils? He might not be sleeping because the snoring is waking him up. Lots of times that means he's not resting because, well, he can't breathe. My granddaughter is 3 and I've never heard someone snore like she did. It was awful. Her tonsils were almost touching... The Dr. said they usually don't take out the tonsils at that age, but it was a must! Check with his Dr. and see if that might be his issue.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:42 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• yeah... he had his tonsils out last year because they did a sleep study and he pasted so they thought maybe that would correct it but a year later it didnt...
    ethanlevi26

Comment by ethanlevi26 (original poster) at 5:50 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Everyone wakes at night. It's normal. He needs to learn to put himself back to sleep when he wakes. My 5 y/o also wakes at least once a night and either crawls in bed with us, or gets walked back to his own bed.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 6:02 PM on Feb. 13, 2011