How do you get a 5 year old to calm down

he is ALWAYS hyper and nothing i do seems to help

ethanlevi26

Asked by ethanlevi26 at 5:52 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I was always hyper. It's not always a bad thing. However, if it bothers you then try to have him in a calm atmosphere. Get rid of high stimulant things like video games and action pack things on tv. Get him out in nature. It can calm him down.
    Anonymous

• what do you mean by hyper? some kids are just naturally more physically active than others, just give him LOTS of acceptable outlets for his energy.
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 5:56 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I was told to get rid of all the bright colors from her room I painted the apartment white and just put some stickers on her room and got a punching bag for kids she has hours of fun jumping and kicking the thing and she gets a little bit tired and also add lettuce leaves to the bath water that calms her down a lot
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 12:45 AM on Feb. 15, 2011