How to potty train in public?

I have been potty training my 2yr old since October. We finally got it down pat. I don't even have to ask him do he need to use the bathroom, he just get up and go. My problem is he won't go in public or at someone else house. What can I do to make it more comfortable for him? I am going back to school in 2wks which means he has to go to the babysitter. I really hate to backwards by keeping diapers on him. Any suggestions?

babygirl0782

Asked by babygirl0782 at 5:54 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If you can take the potty with you...portable. Have him use a travel seat or show him a disposable seat at home before heading out. Check to see if it's an auto flusher or normal so he doesn't get scared. Maybe carry some stickers with you and show him a training way all over again when you go out. For the sitter, get him use to the environment ahead of time. A change of clothes is helpful and just keep encouraging him with positive words. G'luck.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 3:31 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• ~*Hmmm*~... are you able to take him to the sitters before he starts? And just hang out? And make things more comfortable for him???
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 6:02 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I wouldn't put diapers on him - it's too confusing. I would take plenty of changes of clothes and just have the sitter work with him. Practice by going to WalMart or McDonalds or something when you expect he will need to go and really encourage him to use the bathroom when he's out.
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 6:05 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Take his seat with you I did that for awhile but I had the one that you put on top of the toilet seat. I just put it in a little tote bag and took it with me everywhere.
    brodymommie

Answer by brodymommie at 6:39 PM on Feb. 13, 2011