I'm 4 weeks, 4 days pregnant & type 1 diabetes

I have been having some mild cramping.

I'm a type 1 diabetic, and also am hypothyroid. We had the early ultra sound, and only saw the sac, we go back in 2 weeks to see the growth, and the baby. Is that normal?

The cramping comes and goes.

Help!

recovered55

Asked by recovered55 at 5:57 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• if you have concerns call your OB, but yes it is normal to only see a sac at 4 weeks, you won't see much more than that at 6 weeks
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 5:58 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• wow... they could barely see mine at 7 weeks and he is now in the 90 percentile. I kow I was cramping bad, that's why didn't know I ws pregnant for a few weeks because I thought I was going to start my period. If your concerned tho call your Dr. Congrats!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 6:01 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• all ur doc and gl x
    san78

Answer by san78 at 4:39 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Cramping in early pregnancy is normal. As long as it isn't severe or accompanied by bleeding, don't worry. In all of my pregnancies, I've felt that PMS "about to start" cramping for the first 10 weeks or so. Add that to the cramping you get from the constipation caused by pregnancy and you're a walking Pepto commercial. (But don't take Pepto while pregnant.) And yes, early ultrasounds typically cause more fear than confirmation. Because in the very early ones, you see only a sac. Then you hit the phase where they see the baby, but not the heartbeat yet. And finally you get to the point where they can see both baby and heartbeat. Relax. No use worrying in things beyond your control. (And the stress isn't the best for pregnancy.)
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 10:14 AM on Feb. 14, 2011