Is it tacky?

to wear a swarocski crystal, moissanite, or CZ as a wedding ring?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:00 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• ~*Beauty*~... is in the eye of the beholder!!! What you do is your business
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 6:01 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I don't think it is.My fiance could have given me a cereal box ring and I would have still agreed to spend my life with him, and I would have been just as happy about it. I really mean that too lol
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 6:03 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• People will not even know the difference. It is practical & reasonable. Take it off like any fine jewelry if cleaning gardening, etc as the stones will scratch more easily than a diamond.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:04 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• No. Jewelry makers have to put the same amount of time into work on a CZ as natural stones.
    jdjamm

Answer by jdjamm at 6:14 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I dont think anyone would know.

When I was pregnant my wedding ring didnt fit and I wasnt about to be caught visibly pregnant with out a wedding ring so I bought a fake one to wear so that I didnt have to size and then resize my actual ring.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 6:15 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Thanks for all the replies! My 4 year old washed my wedding ring down the drain a few weeks ago, and I feel naked without a ring! Unfortunately we don't have the budget to go out and buy me another diamond, so this would be the alternative. Just wanted some opinions.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:18 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• None, the ring can be whatever you want.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 6:24 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• If the thought of a simulated diamond really doesn't set well..then just buy a plain band until you can save for a replacement. My original wedding rings were destroyed in a car accident. They were custom made. While my new rings were being made my husband was not about to have me walking around w/o a ring. I think that band cost $40 bucks. The nicest part is I still have it and choose to wear it when wearing my others would be an issue. To answer you ? directly. There is nothing tacky about a CZ. My son gave me a lovely set of CZ studs when he was 16. They are set in 14k gold and he worked his butt off working at a fish restaurant to pay for them. The only time a CZ is tacky..is when someone presents it to you as a genuine diamond. BTW..even a jeweler requires a diamond tester to prove whether or not they are real.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:35 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• i dont think its tacky at all unless the stone is ridiculously huge....however, the ring is likely still stuck in the pipes and you could probably get a plumber to get it out just as cheaply as you could buy another ring (even a cz).
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 6:55 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• You can open up the trap of that drain and see if the ring is there. Sometimes the water runs so fast it will take the ring with it but sometimes a ring might just sit there. Have a container ready to catch the water. GL!!!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:07 PM on Feb. 13, 2011