What would you do....

if you were given 1 million dollars BUT the catch is you CANNOT use any of it on yourself, your family or friends--- you have to "pay it all forward" and do something for strangers, a favorite cause/charity or your community. What would you do with the money- what would you choose to spend it on?

MizLee

Asked by MizLee at 6:21 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Just for Fun

• hummm.... well I think I would divide it into 6 piles... I would have my kids and husband choose a chairty or set up one for something they feel pastionate about. I would LOVE to find out what my kids would choose (15, 14, & almost 10). Im not sure what I would use my portion for... but I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to hand out some of mine randomly. To surprise people with a kind deed.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 6:25 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I think I would start off with a plot of land, to garden... others could help as well... but fruit trees, veggie beds, and so forth where it would/could be fruitful for many years to come and help feed others!!!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 6:24 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I'd donate a chunk to Riley's childrens hospital in memory of a friend of mine who passed away while being treated there
    I'd donate to the Susan b komon foundation in honor of my Nannie who is a breast cancer surviver :)
    I'd donate to local food pantries
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 7:00 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• I'd give it to our school district.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 9:16 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Not sure If Im allowed to do this but this is were all of my monies would go:http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/surfverboom/mystory

I wish I had this money to gelp out this little boy:)
    brodymommie

Answer by brodymommie at 6:28 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Good question, I'd have to think about that.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 7:01 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• If I can't spend it on myself or friends then I'll choose to let the Homeless groups obtain half and the Humane Society the other half.
    Nitestalker

Answer by Nitestalker at 2:03 AM on Feb. 14, 2011

• I would pay off my employees homes,and donate to the Salvation Army.Or I could make it rain for alot of folks!!!Making it rain means to get into a crowd and throw it all up so it rains down on the people.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 3:47 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• i would create a charity so i could still control where every dollar is spent wisely.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 3:50 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Good Answers Ladies!!!

BrandonBearsMom-- I like your donating to Saint Jude, BUT the 'rules' said you can't use any money for yourself/your kids/family/ friends it has to go to strangers, charities or to help your community.
    MizLee

Comment by MizLee (original poster) at 7:55 PM on Feb. 13, 2011