What are the chances of me having a babyboy ?

Ok i have a little girl but i would also love a babyboy so i can have my pair im currently pregnant im 9 weeks and 3 days as of today i know this is an old wives tale but with pregnancy ive been eating more salty stuff and with my first i always wanted sweets and fruit and veggie's but now its salty way different from my first pregnancy i know every pregnancy is different but i want a babyboy so bad and i also heard whatever you want more you'll get the opposite cus with my first i wanted a boy and i got a girl which im not mad about cus theres always another chance i know yall ain't rocket sciencist but it also doesnt hurt to ask either just leave your suggestions below and i will let you know who was right when i find out and just to let you know my dad had 2 boys then me and then my husbands dad had a boy first then 2 girls then another boy lol .thanks .

alexia_09

Asked by alexia_09 at 6:22 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Don't believe any of that old wives tale stuff. The thing to look for is from the paternal side of the family. Only the father of your child and other men in the family count. Look at all of the men and see how many girls and boys have been born on that side of the family. The womens side of the family does not matter.

Like in my case, with my DD all children that were born for like 4 generations were all males, so we assumed she would be male. Wrong! We had a little girl!

GL
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 6:24 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• ~*Smiles*~ with all three of my boys I craves sweets and starchy foods... candy with my first!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 6:25 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• It's basically like your significant others counts, then his Dad, then his Dads Dad (that'd be significant others grandpa), etc. Any Uncles born to the grandpa, any children your significant other has, etc. Those ALL count. Say that your significant other has a sister, any children she has will not count since that male is not directly blood related to you. Any males/females born on your side of the family do not count either.

GL
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 6:25 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• There is a slightly higher chance of having a boy than a girl in any pregnancy but there is no real way to predict it. For every 100 girl born the is 106 boys.

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:26 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Your chances are 50/50. :) I was wrong with both of mine,(we didn't find out) I carried way different than my sister who was pregnant at the same time and she was having a boy. I would walk into restaurants or stores and people would say, your having a girl aren't you? I wanted mashed potatoes, and skittles. I had a little boy. My dh has one sister, and his grandpa had all boys.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 6:46 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• 50/50 good luck momma
    san78

Answer by san78 at 4:38 AM on Feb. 14, 2011