Short sale question...

Has anyone that has COMPLETED a short sale NOT yet recieved their 1099 form in the mail?? I know they're supposed to be postmarked by Jan 31, but I still haven't seen anything...just wondering

calliesmommie

Asked by calliesmommie at 6:41 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Money & Work

• Personal residence? You shouldn't have a 1099 from it.

http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=179414,00.html
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 6:54 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• Thanks for the link...it is helpful...however, it even states in that, that I should be recieving a 1099-C...I was told by our attorney that we would be getting one...just wondering when it will get here :( and in addition, Im hoping we won't have to pay anything :(
    calliesmommie

Comment by calliesmommie (original poster) at 9:22 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• You are right. Could you contact your bank and ask? Sometimes they have information like that online. And if the shortsale happened at the beginning of 2011, then you won't get the papers for it until 2012.

Good luck!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 12:27 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• Ya, I called them this morning...and good thing I did..they had NO record of it even being ordered...the sale was actually at the end of October...thanks for your input. :)
    calliesmommie

Comment by calliesmommie (original poster) at 7:03 PM on Feb. 14, 2011