Won't potty at home

Parents,
My daughter will be three this April and she isn't even close to becoming potty trained. According to her daycare mom's she goes at school. We have a regular potty that is pink and then the seat that fits on a regular toilet. She won't even get on either of them. She screams bloody murder. I feel like a failure and don't know what to do!

tracieudes

Asked by tracieudes at 7:00 PM on Feb. 13, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would try setting up some sort of reward system. When my kids potty trained we took them shopping for underwear and stickers. They got to pick out whatever they wanted for each and then I put a calendar up in the bathroom. Every time they went potty they got to put a sticker on the calendar. After "X" amount of stickers they got a special treat. I would look at why she isn't going to the bath room at home. Usually going potty has to do with control and kids feeling like they don't have any control.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:14 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• thanks cornflakegirl3. We've tried the reward system. We have even been withholding her coveted my little pony snacks. Nothing means more to her than peeing in her pull-ups. I have even put her in underwear all day. And she won't go. For instance.. today she hadn't peed since 8am and we had her in her panties all day until 7:30pm. I couldn't make her hold her pee that long, so I put her in pulls up and she finally went.
    tracieudes

Comment by tracieudes (original poster) at 8:30 PM on Feb. 13, 2011

• what kind of potty do they have at her school? you might try to find one like that to help her feel more comfortable
    Ladyrosa

Answer by Ladyrosa at 12:52 PM on Feb. 14, 2011

• She doesn't use the plastic pots at school. They have the "little" toilets in the restrooms. I would install one of them in a heart beat, but I just don't have the room. LOL!
    tracieudes

Comment by tracieudes (original poster) at 10:28 PM on Feb. 14, 2011